Thursday, April 23, 2009

Still crashing

My counts today were even lower than yesterday, which surpised me. The doctor didn't seem to be surprised though, which is good. I had to get platelets today. And if my counts don't come up, there's a good chance I could have to get blood tomorrow so we'll see. Hopefully, my counts will start coming up though. I've been getting the Neupogen shot every day, which is supposed to help in raising your counts. And, when my counts come up and level out, I can come home for a bit! And man do I want to come home!!! I miss my own bed!! I've been here at Columbus for almost 3 weeks. I was only home 2 days from being at Lutheran for a week before I came here. So, I've been in the hospital for like a month!!! Crazy!! Stupid canser. I need this transplant so bad to cure it.....to get rid of it for good. I want to get back to my life, my job. I miss it! I miss my students, my own place (which is a new apartment that I have yet to come home too). I'm sorry....I shouldn't be complaining. I know God is healing me. He has a plan and I don't know what that plan is but I know He is healing me. Bri is my marrow match and will cure me. Staying positive =) and continuing to pray. My sister Trina is coming tomorrow. And the weather is supposed to be awesome so we're going to go for a walk and sit outside when she gets here. I'm excited to get outside and get some fresh air. And some exercise!! So, tomorrow will be a good day. I pray my counts are better than today!!

2 comments:

kylee laukhuf said...

hey, really glad i got the chance to come up with trina today, i hope that getting outside and sume excersie helped a bit... well besides those stupid gigantic bumble bees swarming everywhere we sat! I cant imagine being cooped up in there like you are...id be going crazy. but im glad you have tv and a computer... so im on my phone like 24/7 so if ya ever want to just chit chat or blog or w.e im here, i know you dont really know me much but heck i enjoy getting to know people so if ur up for it... im a speed demond txter and quick responce so w.e works ... well i hope u started feeling better after we left and u can get a nap! lol hopefully the retarded nurse got you some meds! well ill talk at you later ur in my thoughts and prayers!
*Kylee*

Unknown said...

hey, you haven't posted anything for a few days so i wanted to make sure you were doing ok. i know you weren't feeling well the day i was with you so i hope that has passed and you are doing better. as always you are in all of our prayers. take care of yourself.

Trina