Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One more to go

Well, round 4 is completed meaning the final round is just around the corner!!! Tomorrow is the final day of treatment. And it's been a pretty rough round. Thankfully, I haven't felt sick at all. I only had one day of fever and that was the first day, PTL. After tomorrow, the doctor said they'll let my counts drop. I'll more likely get the Neupogen shot, which is supposed to help your counts. He said we'll let my counts drop for a week or two then I'll get the shot and be able to go home for a couple weeks, which I will love!! I hate missing......especially when I know I'll be missing things I was looking forward too. Like today, the senior choir members went to a dinner theater type thing. Guess who was supposed to and couldn't? And in 2 weeks, the band goes to compete at State contest and I'm not sure if I'll be out by then or not. That's something to definitely pray on and leave in God's hands. Whenever I do get out, I'll be out only for a couple of weeks. Once I come back, they'll do a bone marrow biopsy, yes biopsy, to be sure I'm in remission, which I know I will be with God's awesome graces. Once we're there, we'll do the transplant and I'll be healed =) I can not wait to be healed. And I know God has been healing me this entire time, as well as teaching me and guiding me along the way. As for my sister being a match, they should be sending her a packet to get tested. Right now, they're dealing with insurance to make sure all is covered. I pray she is a match for me. It would be such an awesome thing for her to match me and do the transplant with me. But, that is ultimately up to God. If she does not match, they'll go directly to the bone marrow database. So, pray for a match. I hate that I'm going through this again but I know God has a purpose and a plan. And I have no worries or fears as I know He will provide for me. So again, please continue your prayers. I know God is listening.


"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
Our God, You reign forever
Our hope, our Strong Deliverer
You are the everlasting God"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hang in there!! Keep up the positive attitude!! Your Mom said she may call Eggie and I to help move.....if she needs the help please let her know we would be happy to help out. We will continue to pray for you, your physical and spiritual health, a match and smooth transplant, and speedy recovery. Wwea re here for you if you need ANYTHING! Love ya!! :-)
Michelle