Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Round 3= DONE

So, in about 2 hours, I'll be done with Round 3. I'm just sitting here watching TV and onmy laptop. And sweating to death. It is so hot in here. And, I'm completely exhausted so I keep half dozing off and and jerking when I wake up. I slept good last night until about 4 when I got up to go to the bathroom. The nurse saw me come out decided to do vitals. Note-I had warned the nurses that the one type would give me fevers and not to worry about it. Well, low and behold, my temp was 102. So, they had to do blood cultures from 3 diffefent places. By time that was done, it was 6ish and I was so ready to sleep!!! Went back to sleep until about 8, when the first doctor came in. I honestly can't remember what she talked to me about because I was so out of it but it must not have been bad (sorry mom!). She left, back to sleep. 10 came and Dr. Benson came (head doc basically) to see how I was doing. He said the cultures were just for safety's sake which I understand. He said if the fevers happen again, we'll just note it as a side affect. He said things are looking great. 3 more to go(well now 2). Once those are complete, we'll watch my counts, possibley get the Neupogen shot to help them lift. He said I should be able to go home before school's out, which was great news, but of course it was a "we'll have to wait and see" but I'm staying positive in knowing I will be. At least for a couple of days before I go back in for the transplant. So, for the most part, things are going well. I'm usually always pretty tired and could sleep all the time but that's how it is in hospitals. You can't seem to get a full nights sleep here.

Someone asked me how I was doing here and if it was hard not to question God in all of this. And honestly, it was very hard not to question God as to why He allowed for this cancer to return to me but then I recall Jeremiah 29:11-"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". It's definitely been hard, knowing the cancer has come back....definitely tough to take at first. But, then I realizd that there must be a reason so I will continue to fight it until it is dead and gone. And God will be right here beside me, fighting all the way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Isaiah 40:31
They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Leigha God is renewing you day by day. I am so glad that so far your body is handling the chemo. Remember if you need anything just let me know and I will do whatever I can. -Trina

Kathy said...

Hi Leigha,
I'm not up on technology, but I think I was finally successful in signing in so I can 'blog.'
I have been thinking of you and praying for you, that God will comfort and heal you. He has done so many amazing things in your life already. We will trust him with your care.
Hugs and Prayers, Aunt Kathy