Friday, April 17, 2009

Now we wait

Yesterday was my last chemo injection, which I'm very glad. God willing, it'll be the very last EVER!! Now, we wait for my counts to drop and I mean drop. They want them to bottom out completely, which my white blood count is only 0.4 right now. Very low. I have to wear a mask if I go out, just to be safe. The doctors are giving me a shot called Neupogen. It's supposed to help raise your counts. I'll be getting every day for a few days. I can't remember exactly how long they said I'd be getting it. It kinda hurt a bit getting it today. Stung is more like it. Definitely not something I'll look forward to getting every day but oh well. No biggy. Doctor said I'll be here for at least 2 weeks yet. So, come visit!!! Call me beforehand and let me know!! But, definitely come visit!! =) I like having company. Today, my friend Amber came to visit again (love her-she comes as much as she can=)We went outside and sat for like an hour. It was so awesome to get outside! I haven't been out in over 2 weeks. So, that was nice. My pastor came too, which was great. My brother, Dustin, came this afternoon with some movies for me. Anyways-lets go back quick to what the doctor said this morning. At least 2 weeks here, for counts to crash and come back up. Then, I'm not 100% sure what happens but I do know that once my counts are stable, we'll do a bone marrow biopsy to check for remission, which we know I will be in. After that comes the bone marrow transplant. After the transplant, I'll be here about 3-4 weeks, then I'll finally be able to go home. And home will be a completely different place then when I left, which is kinda weird. Tomorrow is moving day. My mom, dad and step-dad are all doing it for me, obviously since I can't be there =( They've got other helpers as well so it should all be done tomorrow. I sent a detailed list to my step-dad of what gets moved and where and what doesn't get moved. A lot of the stuff will go to their place so I can sort it later for a possible garage sale. So, I'll be coming home to a new home. I'll just have to move things and place them where I want them. Fun, fun. It'll be kinda nice to have a fresh start. I know that is what God giving me. =) And, I'd like to ask everyone to pray for my financial situation. I don't want to go into detail but with me not working at all this summer, I don't think I need too. I also know that God will provide. He always does. As I've said before, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or about your body,what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Matthew 6:25-27
So, no worries!!

1 comment:

Angie Coats said...

Hey Leigha! I hope you're feeling better! I will be in Colubus on tuesday and I was wondering if you would want any visitors tueday afternoonish? Just let me know if that works for you.
-angie =)