Thursday, April 9, 2009

James Rhoades Cancer Center

That's where I am. It's in Columbus. Not sure how to get here as I was in an ambulance but, it''s a nice hospital. They've done about a millon tests on me. They're trying to get my pain under control as I'm still having pain but my back, hips, and legs. My back isn't in to much pain, PTL, but my lower back, hips and legs are pretty sore. It's very hard to get up and walk around. I shake like a leaf. It's slowly getting better, PTL. I think they're going to start chemo tomorrow. Doctor said they're going to try to do a chemo that I've never had before so we'll see. This is just all so crazy. I thought I was done. DONE!! I'm so bummed that I've hit this speed bump. But, I know God will get me over it. I have no doubts about that. But, I have to admit I'm scared. Scared to get more chemo-I hate getting sick. Scared of the transplant, though I've heard it really isn't that bad. My sister is going to get tested to see if she is a match for me. If she's not, then we have to go to the database list and find a match. I know we'll find one. God is a healing God and He is healing me as we speak.

As you've probably figured it out, I was not allowed to go to NYC with the band and drama troupe. Very upset about this. But, I know my health comes first. I've just been looking forward to it since last year =( Oh well. There will be other trips.

I'm still not sure how long I'll be in here. Hopefully not long. School's almost out and I'd hate to be the hospital for the last few weeks of school. Especially since I was out the first few a weeks in the beginning. This is just crazy..........I'm at a loss for words. Please continue praying for me. I know God is working and is healing me.

2 comments:

amber said...

If anyone needs directions they can email me amberlpowell@gmail.com. I am pretty familiar with the columbus area and attended OSU for 3 years. I'll do my best to get you there!! :) The Lord is working with you hun!! I love you!

Michelle said...

Hang in there Leigha and know that there are lots of us out there praying for you. Your positive attitude and strong faith are a great example to more people than you can imagine. God is using you through all of this. Get some rest!!! Love ya!!
Michelle, Eggie, and boys