Tuesday, August 12, 2008

short update

This is going to be a short update as I had 2 rounds of chemo today and am not feeling all that well. I had another chemo shot in my back as well as the dose through my IV. It's just been a really rough week so far. Please keep praying and thinking positive thoughts for me =) I'm so ready to go home but I have at least about 2 weeks left. I'm halfway through the treatments they said so we'll see. The dr asked this morning if I'd started to lose my hair yet.....I guess I had been thinking and praying that I wouldn't but dr said losing it means the treatment is working so I'm trying to prepare myself. For those of you that know me well, know how much I love my hair so this is really rough on me. My friend Raeh is coming up tomorrow morning to cut it. There's no way I'll be able to wake up one morning with chunks on my pillow so I'm going to get a head start. That way, it's less to lose, but definitely not easier. I know it's just hair and will grow back but it's still rough and depressing to me.......The song "Sara Beth" by Rascal Flatts keeps running through my head....so anyways, I guess all in all I'm doing ok. Not feeling the best today due to treatment and ready to go home but progressing good from what I'm told. So, keep those prayers coming and positive thoughts. I'm so ready to kick this and head home. You can still visit but I'd leave any kids at home. And, if you've been sick or think you're getting sick, it's best to wait a well. My white blood counts are starting to go down which means once they hit 0, I'm very open to sickness so within the next few days I'll be there. Hopefully not for long but you'll just have to sanitize your hands when you come in and possibly wear masks, depending on what the counts are. Don't let this scare you away =) I stll love company. It lifts my spirits. Well, I'm not feeling the best due to treatment so I'm going to go. Keep those prayers coming! God is listening and is working in me. Miss you and love you all!

5 comments:

Keith said...

Leigha,

I just wanted to write you a short note and let you know we are thinking of you and wishing the very best as you go through this trial. I can understand how concerned you are about your hair (I used to like mine, too.) :0) My sister-in-law went through breast cancer a few years back and had to deal with the same thing. t was before. I've only been in the hospital a few times, and none of them were good experiences, so I know how impatient you might be to go home. I guess it's a bad place to visit, AND I wouldn't want to live there. I appreciate your positive attitude and I do know that it's often through these circumstances that we meet God in a way we never have before - that's a great fringe benefit. Keep on fighting and before you know it, this will be a great story to share with others.

Keith Langdon

Angie Coats said...

Leigha,

just wanted to let you know that we're all praying for you and miss you! Hope everything goes well and that you get better soon!

John said...

Leigha: My name is John and I live in a small town in central KS. A friend of mine put me onto your blog. The main thing that caught my eye is that you are a HS band director. My oldest daughter is a junior in HS and her main goal in life is to be a band director, too. I have been reading your blog for a week now, and have finally decided to send you a message. You are now in my daily prayers. I wish I could do more, but that's all I can do. I hope they help. You are an amazingly strong and brave young woman. Keep up the good fight and never let that it get you down!
If you are ever bored and need something to give you a small chuckle, come read my blog. I hope it will give you a smile.
callyourgrandmother.blogspot.com
May God bless you and give you strength.

deb said...

Leigha
My prayers are with you !!!
God is laying His hand on you right now!
Ps. 46

I have prayer chains going all over USA ...
His arms are around you as we speak!
In His Hands
Deb

4wheelbob said...

Leigha,
I've taken to reading your blog daily. Know that many of us out here are with you in spirit and prayer. A fight like yours is never easy, and sometimes it must feel awful...but you sound like a fighter, like one who's going ot beat this stuff, like one who'll keep blogging until you somply get tired of blogging, and for no other reason.
You keep posting, I'll keep reading. You're in our prayers way out here in sunny California. Sleep peacefully!

Bob