Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First night

Well, my first night at home was wonderful. It felt so great just to be out of the hospital. And some friends of mine brought me over a king size, pillow top mattress that they put in my room. Then they set up my old bed in the spare room for my mom. So, we both got an awesome nights sleep. I haven't slept that good in I don't even know how long!! It was great!! I woke up this morning and felt ok until I took my morning meds then it kinda went down hill from there. We had to get to Ft. Wayne for a chemo treatment so I slept most of the way. Chemo wasn't too bad and the ride home was ok......and I'm home again now which is great. I have one more treatment which is next Tuesday then hopefully we'll check and be in remission!!! I know God is healing me and this disease is already out of me. I also found out today that I do NOT need a bone marrow transplant which is good. So, keep those prayers and positive thoughts coming that this thing is dead and gone for good!!! I'm so ready to get my strenght back and get back to school. Today was the first day and I hate that I wasn't there. I especially hate that I'm going to be missing some football games but I can't afford to get sick. And I know I'll be back before ya know it.....better than ever!!

Thank you all for everything you've done. I appreciate anything and everything everyone has done and you will never know how much it all means to me. I'm so thankful to be home!! Continue to come visit! Love you and miss you all!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leigha am glad you made it home .... stacy joe bryan jenn pa and I
have beeen wishing the best for u since we just found out a couple of weeks ago please know you will be on our church prayer list at landfair um
and we will be thinking of you often to make a full recovery
i do not know your mom but i think she must be a great person and a strong one being delt this also with you for a mom feels all our pains too even if it is not physical
in her heart she was dealt with great pain too! give her my best and our prayers our with her also

ma kuhn (kendra)