Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bone Marrow Testing

Well, today was the dreaded bone marrow testing. This is by far the worst test ever, in my opinion. Very uncomfortable. But, the good news is, when they did the test, they were able to pull liquid aspiration!! Meaning, my marrow is once again liquid which is wonderful news. When they did the first 2 tests, my marrow was all dried up due to the leukemia. So, the fact that it is once again liquid means the chemo is working. It will take 3-4 days to get the results back. But, I am claiming by the blood and power of our awesome God, I am already in remission! So, keep those prayers and positivity flowing with me! =) I am so ready to go back to work, school, band, cheer! I miss it all so much!! I hate that I'm missing the first game tomorrow....marching through the halls......the excitement. But, I know I need to get 100% healthy before I can come back and mark my words, I WILL be back in September!!! But, until then, cheer hard girls, play strong band, and KICK BUTT CAVS!!! I'll be cheering from my house. =)

2 comments:

amber said...

yay!! I'm so happy things are looking so good!!! Can't wait to come home next weekend and visit you!!! I'm so happy you're doing so well. Love you!!!

carol said...

Leigha,
We are so happy that you are doing so well. Prayers answered!! We do indeed serve an awesome God!!!!!!!!! Take care and you will be back as good as new in no time.
Aunt Carol & Uncle Mike