Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ready...

Hello again from Lutheran Hospital. The doctor came in this morning with even more good news. I may be able to go home tomorrow!!! He said everything is looking really good and he thinks I'm responding well to the treatment. He said he had to check my blood work tomorrow and what my next treatment is and so on but I am SO hoping to be released tomorrow!! But, even if not, I'm still hoping for Weds which is better than 2 weeks!!! So, God is truly wonderful and helping me live up to me saying I would NOT be here the full time. I am kicking this thing out of me so fast, it doesn't know what hit it! I am so ready to start school and get back to my band kids and cheerleaders! I know I'll probably have to wait a couple of weeks and start on half days but I can't wait. And I'll have to be extra careful with football season and getting sick but I am stronger than I have ever been and I have God's protection wrapped all around me. This expierience has taught me so much and I thank God for bringing me through it. I especially want to thank my mom for being here every day and night with me. I know it's been hard being away from her husband and putting up with me on occasion but I couldn't of done this without her and I thank you mama. To my church family-thank you for fighting the fight with me. It's not over but we're winning so let's keep praying and fighting together. To all my friends, family, co-workers, anyone and everyone-thank you! Keep praying and thinking positive because with God, I AM winning and beating this. Our God truly is an awesome God.

So, let's pray for a return home tomorrow!! I've already started a grocery list as my mom is going to stay with me for awhile to help get me back on my feet. I only weight 111 pds which is not good. She's going to cook for me for awhile, get some meat back on my bones, which I desperately need. I've been eating good but the chemo takes it out of you. So, hopefully my next post will be from my own home! Keep praying and sending those positive thoughts! I appreciate it all so much! Don't forget to still come visit when I'm home! I know quite a few of my friends are planning events/fundraisers of some kind so hopefully info will go out and everyone can make it! Miss you and love you all!

4 comments:

amber said...

YAY I'm so happy for you hun!!! I'm praying you get good news today!! You are so strong!!! God is truely wonderful!! Love ya!!

Stefanie K. said...

Thats great news Leigha!!! We all knew you were stubborn and it would turn out this way. Hope you are home today and get back to school very soon. Take care and keep getting stronger!!!

Unknown said...

hey heard thru the vine about u just recently and so did stacy we prayed for u at church yesterday morning and i miss all u kids here hanging out please know i will always be wishing the best for u if u need something call us at 942-1908 we will keep the prayers open and hope u will be out for our next party
next july 4th
ma kuhn and pa kuhn

sidle gang said...

Yeah!!
So great to hear that your coming home! It's great that your mom is going to be taking care of you. No one can do it like mom! God has blessed you in so many ways! Love ya!