Sunday, February 15, 2009

Soap Box

I do not feel well. I have not felt well since mid-week of last week of my 4 day treatment. I have to start all over again tomorrow. And yet I'm not allowed to be in a bad mood?? Well, excuse me. Please go through what I'm going through then you tell me how YOU feel and if you really feel "chatty" or perky. Seriously. Ok-off my soap box.

Next Saturday, Feb. 21st, Romer's Catering in St. Henry is hosting a Girl's Night Out. This is for women only and cost is $25.00 a ticket. The night includes a dinner buffet, a comedian, fashion shows, makeovers, 50/50 raffle and more. Proceeds from this evening will be given to myself for help with medical expenses. So-if anyone is interested, I have tickets or you can go to any of the Romer's and pick up tickets. I am SO grateful to Romer's for this event. So, hope you all can attend!!

2 comments:

Genie4uPortland said...

Hi, my name is Jeanne Patterson. I'm from across the globe in Oregon -- originally "Hollywood" (Lord help us). How "O'Sullivan, Fitzhugh, Patterson and Fitzgerald" and more Scot/Irish names in "Muttland" ended up here, the Lord only knows. It is very late and I'm glad it is a holiday for America tomorrow.

I've only had a chance to "hit and miss" a great deal of your writing. It seems we share similar conditions. I was in a very, very bad car crash (German, Swiss, Italian-style -- I spent many years on the continent so I'm trying not to put on being a "queen" or something, maybe a kinship.

I think we all share a kinship when it comes to things like these. I've been lucky enough to walk (almost intact) from at least 3-4 major accidents. This time at 55, well, I'm worried that without insurance or anyone besides one doctor who seems to care to treat me, I'm very worried, it won't be so easy.

Again, I guess I am sending this to you to let you know that as I move along my path to find out the bottom of the extent of moving fragments, broken T11/12 and L-1/2, plus a whole lot more reading the MRI report, that just maybe we can help each other.

I don't know why it has come down to that when strangers believe in each other than with speciality and non-speciality doctors, but it has. I guess we have nothing else to think about except trying to get fixed .. from lack of payment, making a wrong diagnostic error, or whatever it is.

So, please shake my virtual hand extended in friendship and maybe we will not need to repeat painful mistakes and retain that hope and belief our 5 year olds have so we can go on.

I will write later. If you want to "talk private" please reach me at jeanne patterson 77 (not my age) at "the venerable old search engine" yahoo.

Sincerely, jeanne patterson

amber said...

Hey Hun!! You have every right in the world to feel the way you do!!! I'll see ya saturday!! I wouldn't miss it for the world!! What time are you going?