Wednesday, February 11, 2009

So much for that

I feel awful. I went to bed last night feeling ok. I woke up around midnight with a fever but was freezing and I could not stop shaking. I grabbed extra blankets and a heating pad just to warm up and took some tylenol for the fever. About 2 hours later, I was up again. Got rid of the heating blanket and the extra blankets and tried to go back to sleep. About 6am, I woke up again. This time my fever was 102 and I was sweating like crazy. I took a mild temperature shower, then went and sat in my car in the garage to try to cool down. Took more tylenol, ate a bowl of cereal and went back to bed. Needless to say, I did not sleep well all night and was exhausted when I got up to go to treatment today. To top it all off, I have a sore throat and my chest is starting to hurt. I told the doctor right away today and she gave me an antibiotic to start on. My temperature is finally down, as it stayed in the 102 range most of today, but I feel nauseous now. I'm hoping and praying that I don't start vomiting now. I've made it through the past 3 days without doing it so I pray I make it the rest of this week and next week's treatments without it as well. As for these fevers, I pray I don't get anymore of them. I just want to be able to get a good night's sleep tonight but I have a feeling the fever will return tonight. Tomorrow's my last day of treatment for the week. I pray I feel well enough on Friday to make it to work. And if not work, I pray I make it to the game. It's senior night so I don't want to miss out. So, keep praying. Pray that I make it through!! Because right now.....I feel awful.