Sunday, February 8, 2009

Bald is beautiful

Bald men are never looked at strangely. But bald women are. What is wrong with America? Bald is beautiful on anyone. Especially canser patients. Because it shows just what we've been through to get healthy. And that's what's happening to me. Or happened I should say. It's definitely strange being bald. The first time I lost my hair, it wasn't as bad as this. So this time is much worse. But, I know that after these next 8 treatments, I'll be done with the treatments that cause the hair loss and my hair can finally start growing back for good. I am so nervous for this week to start. Tomorrow is not going to be fun. I have 2 different types of chemo to get at the office, both of which make me feel awful. Then, it's off to Lutheran for my I.T. chemo which is the spinal shot. HATE IT!!! So, definitely not looking forward to tomorrow. Or the next 2 weeks for that matter. So, keep me in your prayers!! My weekend has been pretty good. Yesterday, I spent the day with my sister Bri. We went to the mall, then to a movie (He's Just Not That Into You-SUPER GOOD!!!), then to Applebee's. I figured I might as well get some good eatin' in while I still can, as the next 2 weeks will be hard to keep much down. I pigged out at Applebee's. Even had dessert. And tonight, my mom is coming and taking me out to dinner wherever I want to go. One last good meal before tomorrow. Granted, I do not look forward to being weighed at the doctor tomorrow, as I feel like a cow but not eating much the next 2 weeks will make up for it. And, I"ve been trying to exercise more and after these treatments, I'll really start to exercise and get ready for summer!! I haven't decided where to eat yet......I figure I'll decide at the last minute. Sooooo, 8 more killer treatments, then 3 not so bad treatments, then MAINTENANCE!!! So ready to be done.......

1 comment:

Ridenour Family said...

We will be praying for you. Please keep us posted on how you're doing!!