Wednesday, February 4, 2009

So over it

I've pretty much snapped out of my funk, thank God. I kinda had an epiphany I guess. The last time I had this chemo, I ended up in the hospital with a high fever. I had just gotten my port and they were worried it was infected already. BUT, it wasn't. The chemo itself causes high fever's. Soooo, if it gives me fever's this time, I'll know it's just the chemo and I can stay home. Take tylenol, cool down, rest and it'll go away. Yes, the vomiting will suck as I know it causes that too, but I'll make it through. Missing 2 weeks of work is going to suck but once I'm through this, I'll be home free!! And I can not wait for that!!! So, I'm not worrying about it. I will get through it just like I've always done. God is still with me and always will be =)
On another note, I have a question. Do you think I've defined canser or has canser defined me?? The other day someone told me that I shouldn't let it define me but I don't think I have. Canser does not have me, I have canser. By the tail, stomping the crap out of it!! It's just a phase of my life.....and to be honest, a phase that has helped shape me into who I am. I am such a better person, a better christian. God has blessed me so much through the past few months. Its been a rough road but I've made it through and will continue to make it through. I am so ready for the next chapter in my life!! Bring it on!!

1 comment:

amber said...

I don't think you've let it define you, I think you've let it shape you. It's totally different. I think you have canser, and your kicking the crap out of it for sure. I think if you didn't talk about it or think about it or let it influence your life decisions then canser would have you! You need to be able to share your story, the ups and downs and everything in between. That's part of coping and moving on. So rock on girl cus you're doing it!! I'm so proud of you, you haven't let this disease bring your spirit down, when canser accomplishes that, then it's got you. You haven't let it keep you down. Love ya!!!