Sunday, March 1, 2009

ONE MORE!!!!!

ONE MORE TREATMENT!!!!! Tomorrow is my LAST treatment. And I am so excited!!!! Granted, I'm not looking forward to the bone marrow biopsy next week but I know it's needed in order to make sure everythings still on track. Once I get those results, we'll start maintenance, which is once a month for 2 years. That once a month visit will be bloodwork, visit with the doctor, and a quick push of Vincristine. All of which are so easy to handle. I am SO READY to be done!!! I will definitely be celebrating once I start maintenance!! PRAISE GOD for getting me through all of this!!!!

I'm still reading the book "Crazy, Sexy Cancer Tips" and I just finished the chapter on wellness and nutrition and let me tell you.....it kinda freaked me out! It talked about your insides, which the main thing that got me was my colon. I won't go into detail but basically if you don't have a bowel movement 3 times a day (which you're supposed too) then by the end of the year, you will be 864 bowel movements short! YUCK! Just think of all the crap (literally lol) that's stored up inside you!! Not healthy!!! And my mom has been talking to me alot about eating raw fruits and veggies and the Hallelujah diet, well this book talked alot about that as well. Alot of what we put into our bodies does not get digested properly and doesn't give us the proper nutrition we need. If we simply just change our eating habits, we can fight all sorts of diseases! So weird. Now I can tell you, I'm not going to completely change my eating habits right away but I am going to try to start eating more of what the book says to eat! Starting with green, leafy vegetables (salad!!). So, sorry if I grossed anybody out, but seriously.......we're all full of crap lol =)

1 comment:

amber said...

Hey Girl, I can tell a lift in your mood even through your writing. I'm so proud of you for making it through this tough tim. You are truley an inspiration to so many people. I miss you like crazy!! We have to get together the next time I'm home (which might not be for a while given my hectic school schedule) but you let me know when that celebration party is and I will make it a point to come home. I'm so happy for you!!! Congratulations you did it!! Love you!!!