Thursday, March 26, 2009

An interesting 24 hours

Well, my pain did not get better last night. It got to the point where I kinda freaked myself out so I decided to go to the Mercer County ER. Bad idea. Being as I've been dealing with this stuff since last year, I know my body and what's wrong and what needs to be done. The ER doctor did NOT. I got to the ER at about 11:30. Strangely, my blood pressure was 60/35......way to low. I about passed out. I laid down and they gave me an anti-inflammatory for my back. Within a half hour, I felt so much better..ready to go home! But, the doctor decided to run a bunch of tests. Basically, he wanted more of my money. He ran a CBC, blood cultures, EKG, and a Cat scan. All a waste in my opinion. Everything came back ok except for the CBC. He said my white count was elevated to 20,000. A normal person's is only 10,000. I told him I had just received chemo the day before and started a bunch of new meds, which is most likely what was causing the sudden rise. He, on the other hand, started rambling on about how it could be all these other diseases. Okay buddy. I have leukimia!! I just had a bone marrow that turned out wonderful. Give me a flippin break!! He called Lutheran and got the on call doctor. Foreign guy who knows nothing about my case. The ER doctor proceeded to tell the on call oncologist what he thought was wrong with me so the on call doctor told him to send me to Lutheran. I was not happy. I TOLD the ER doctor I was fine, I did not want to go to Lutheran. I said just send me home, and if I still feel bad the next day, I'll call my own oncologist and see what she wanted me to do. Apparently, he decided not to adhere to my wishes as he said he was sending me anyways. Definitely not happy. So, I laid around in the ER until 6am....NO SLEEP except for maybe an hour. At about 6:30, the squad arrived to take me to Lutheran. What fun that was. No lights thank goodness. It should be a lovely, hefty bill though!! I got to Lutheran about 8am. I just laid in bed and watched TV til about 9:30, then the oncologist (different guy then who the ER doc spoke too) came in with Mary (she's an RN assistant to the oncologists). I told Mary to get me the heck outta there. (She was always there when I was first admitted.....great lady!) She laughed and asked why I was there cause I looked great. I said, yeah I know. I feel fine! I told her my story from the night before and that I tried telling the ER doc I didn't need to go to Lutheran but he didn't listen. She said everything seemed and looked fine from what they got from Mercer so she would talk to the doctor and get me out of there. Thank goodness!!! The doctor went ahead and ordered another CBC to double check my counts. White counts still elevated but low and behold, the doctor said it was due to my new medication. HELLO!!! Did I NOT tell the ER doc this???? He said I was fine and I checked out at 12:30. So, not happy about this little experience. Small town doc doesn't know how to react to cancer patients. Well buddy.....listen to the patient!!!!! So, I'm home, I'm fine. Only a tiny bit of pain but it's normal. And I'm exhausted!!! I can't wait to get in my own bed and SLEEP!!!! So tired!!!! Very interesting evening. I am not excited to add this to my medical expenses thats for sure. But God will provide! I have no worries there. =)

I am so excited to move into my new place. I'm right in my friend Christa's back yard, which is great!!! Moving is going to stink, as I hate doing it but that's life. I won't be moving everything thats here, there. I'm going to get things sorted. I have way to much junk. My grandpa, who turned my mother into a packrat, is some what wearing off on me and I am going to try to break it!!!! =)

So, I am so thankful to be home. NO MORE HOSPITALS FOR ME!!!! I am healthy once againand will continue to stay that way. Thank you for your continued prayers. I greatly appreciate them. I definitely can not fight this disease alone. God is always by my side!!

No comments: