Sunday, March 15, 2009

Weekend in review

This has been a very busy weekend. And it's going to be a very busy week! My sister and I were going to go to Winter Jams on Friday night at the coliseum in Ft. Wayne. The doors opened at 6 so we got there at 6. And WOW. I have never seen a line as long as the one of people waiting to get into the concert. Needless to say, we didn't go. 2000 people weren't able to get into the concert due to all the seats being taken. (It was a $10.00 donation concert of a bunch of christian bands) I was bummed that we weren't able to go so I'm hoping we'll get to go next year. We'll just plan on getting there even earlier!! So, after we failed at that, we walked around the mall instead.

Yesterday was busy with the district basketball game. It was a pretty exciting game. The Cavs went into the half down by 11 so I wasn't sure how it was going to turn out. But they came back out ready to win and win we did!! So, now we play in Bowling Green on Weds. night. I'm excited for the game but Weds. is not going to be a fun day as I'm to get my biopsy at 8:00am that morning. I'm praying that it doesn't hurt as bad as it normally does and that I'm not in to much pain afterwards. It's going to be a rough trip to BG though, that's for sure! So keep me in your prayers for that day!! As long as the test comes back good, I'll start maintenance chemo, which is once a month. I'm so thankful to be done with all the rough stuff!! Praise God for getting me through the past few months!!

Today was our end of year cheer banquet. It went very well. It's strange though to have the end of year banquet and yet still be in season. But, it's also very exciting!! This week starts cheer clinics for next year's tryouts. If we continue to advance in tournament, I'm going to have to do some rearranging for tryouts but I think I've got it figured out. It would be so awesome if we made it to state!! Go Cavs!!!!

So, all in all its been a pretty good weekend. I got to see my sister and her family, and also my parents yesterday. We went there for dinner, which was nice. It's always great to spend time with my nephews....and of course everyone else =) My left hip has been bothering me this week. It went away but then it came back today. Very painful and I'm not sure why. I'll definitely be notifying my doctor about it on Weds. I'm sure it's nothing but still....better safe than sorry! So keep praying!! Almost through it!! God is definitely still and always working.

No comments: