Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Loooooong treatment day

Well, it was a long treatment day but I made it through. And, I didn't have double treatment which made it a little better. I went in first for the bone marrow testing (NOT FUN). The doctor was very pleased with my blood counts and the marrow she extracted, which is a good sign. I should find out the results either by weeks end or early next week. Doctor is expecting me to be in remission and as I've said, God has been so truly awesome through all of this, I know I will be. So, next week will start maintenance chemo! So-keep those prayers coming! After the bone marrow testing, we headed to the hospital for my IT chemo. I guess it's not really as bad as I thought....the worst of it is the numbing. And lying there forever, flat on your back afterwards as to not get a spinal headache. But, I only had to lay there for an hour and half rather than 3 hours, which I was very thankful for. So, after leaving at 1045am, we finally returned home at 800pm. So, a long day. But, praying that it was a SUCCESSFUL day =)

My house is slowly starting to look like a house. My room is pretty much finished. And the bathroom I think it almost completely put away. My mom has been working on the kitchen which is a big help cause bending down alot hurts my back. I can not say how much I appreciate my mom being here with me. I know its gotta be hard, being away from her home, dogs, horses and most importantly-husband. And I feel awful that she's away from them. But I love having her here with me, helping me. Because I'd be completely lost without her. Thank you mama.....for all you have done and continue to do. You will never know how much it means. And Richard-thank you for putting up with having your wife gone. I know it's hard. And-as I said before-you can come stay with us anytime!! I love you both so much!!

And to all my Cavs-I hope to be back soon! I miss you all! Thank you for all your comments, cards, prayers and support. See you soon!

No comments: