Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Well.....

Earlier, when I blogged, I was very angry and upset. But after posting my original post (which I've deleted) I calmed down and decided to start over. This disease has taught me so much.....and has brought me closer in my walk with God. And I am so thankful for that. I have continually been blessed throughout this disease and I know God will continue to bless and heal me. It's been a good week and I know things will continue to get better. Thank you to those of you who have stuck by me and helped me along the way. And to those of you who continue to send your donations, thoughts and prayers. I truly appreciate it. Hopefully, I can find a way to "Pay it Forward".

I actually voted today. I originally said I wasn't going to but decided to anyways. I pray that God gives us a president who can help and lead our country.

1 comment:

thepaintedrose said...

Leigha,
First of all, allow me to applaud you for your strength and drive to fight your disease. I have kept UTD on your blogs and thought it was time to share my experience with you.

As a cancer survivor I understand your feeling of "abandonment" from some of your friends. One thing you will learn is that not all of your friends know how to deal with your illness. It does not mean that they love or think about you less, it's just their self preservation kicking in to try to understand it for themselves. When I was diagnosed 20+ years ago, I lost alot of "friends" but the ones that helped my through my illness and recovery are the lifetime friends that will never be replaced.
Please try to focus on the ones around you, not the ones who aren't there. You need to keep focused on the battle in front of you not looking at the damage that was left in the wake.
I know you miss some of your "friends" but this is the part of your life when you really find out WHO your friends are. It's not a fun life lesson when you feel like you need them around the most. Call them once in a while to check in, but don't expect the call the be returned, because if it isn't then you are once again hurt. If it is, then hopefully that friend is coming to an understanding about this illness.
My post has already been long enough, just know there are those of us out here continuing to support you even though you may not know it!!
God Bless {{HUGS}}
Michelle Rose
Lauren, Julia & Madison say HI!!