Sunday, November 9, 2008

Quicky coming at ya!

This is going to be a quicky as my sister and I are getting ready to take my nephews to see Madagascar 2. But, I met a man at church today who's 22 year old daughter was just diagnosed a few weeks ago with bone cancer. He said she's having a rough time of it and I just wanted to blog and let her know I KNOW what she's going through. Don't give up! The first month or two of treatments is the worst but you'll get through. Put your trust and faith in God and He will guide you and carry you through this difficult time in your life. My personal battle with cancer has made my faith and relationship with God stronger and I have to thank Him for that. This is the worst possible disease in the world and at any time I could blame Him or think it's too hard and give up but I will NOT give in to the enemy and I hope you do the same. I want to share with you a verse that got me through the beginning stages of my cancer. It's from Phillipians 4: 4-7. It says: Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I hope this helps you in some way. I would love to meet you at some point, if that would be ok with you. Until then, I will keep you in my prayers!

Well, I'm off to take my nephews to the movies (who are already fighting...this should be fun lol =) Have a great Sunday everyone! God Bless!

No comments: