Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Treatment Tuesday

We made it to Bri's last night close to 9. Both boys were still up and were pretty excited to see us. Logan was pretty wound up but he is so funny. Definitely great to see all of them. We got up at 5am (YAWN-so tired!!) and were at the hospital by 6. On the way to the hospital, I really wasn't as nervous as I was the night before. God is so great in calming nerves! They did the I.T. chemo first, which by time I got checked in and all ready to go, it was 830. As soon as they were done with that, they flipped me over for the port placement. The numbing was probably the worst part. The gave me anastesia (however you spell it....happy drugs lol). It didn't knock me out, just made me drousy. I had to fast the night before from midnight til after the procedure. By time they were done, it was a little after 11. I had to lay there for an hour to make sure I didn't have any sort of reaction. It was still pretty numb so I wasn't really in pain but I could barely move my neck due to the numbing medicine. Sooooo, after we left the hospital, I was starving of course, so we went to IHOP. I had strawberry crepes....SO GOOD!, along with eggs, toast and bacon. I felt pretty good which was great. But, after we were done and got in the car, I started to get nauseated for some reason. I tried to do deep breathing and keep it together but I knew it wasn't happening. I asked mom to pull into a gas station but I didn't make it that far. At the stop light, I had to open the car door and.....well......yeah. You get the idea. The light ended up turning green and I told mom who cares, just turn on the flashers. There was no way I was making it to the gas station. So, after all that was done, we made it to the doctor's office ok. I told the doctor my morning and she said I got sick due to the happy drugs and eating then moving in the car. Needless to say, I felt great after we left the doctor, which I am so thankful for. Since I felt pretty good, mom and I headed for the mall =) We were there for over 2 hours. I had an Auntie Anne's pretzel ( I LOVE THEM!!!). After that, we ended up going back to my sister's for dinner, which was nice to spend more time with them. We left there around 8 and got home around 930. So, it has been a looooooooong day, but all in all, a fairly decent day. God is so great in answering prayers. Thank you all!! My port is starting to hurt a little, which the doctor said it would be tender for a few days. But, after a few days, it should be fine, so we'll see. My counts were high, which is great, PTL! And, I'm feeling great (except being tired, but I've been up since 5!) So, I should be able to work the rest of the week and get to the game. The next 2 weeks is 4 day treatments but NO I.T!!! So, hopefully its not too bad. Thank you for your continued prayers. God is so great and has blessed me so much through all of this. I know He'll continue to get me through.

No comments: