Monday, October 20, 2008

Great kids......great community

I was able to make it to work today which was great! WhenI got there, I checked my email first thing and I had an email from the elementary princi pal. Apparently, on Friday, a boy came into the office with a large tub of change. He said he wanted to donate it all to me. He didn't want it counted, he said he had been saving it for his family vacation but instead decided to give it to me! What a sweet little boy!!! I'm hoping to meet him this week to give him a big hug!! This just shows how great of a school and community Coldwater is!! They have all helped me so much with giving to all the fundraisers...it's just so overwelming at times!! I can''t say enough how proud I am to work at Coldwater and be a part of such a wonderful school and community. THANK YOU ALL!!! You are truly all God's angels on earth.

So, tomorrow is treatment.....the same kind as last week. I pray (and ask for your prayers as well) that I stay healthy this week and for the weeks to come!! I think I'm close to being done with the hard stuff and in the next month of so, treatment should get easier but let me tell you....I don't think any of it's easy. I still sit back sometimes or look in the mirror and think "Is this my life?? " A year ago this is not at all where I thought I'd be. Funny how God's plan is so different than what you plan. He always knows best. He allowed me to get this disease because he knew I would kick its butt and WIN THE FIGHT and come out stronger in my faith and stronger in life. It's a hard disease to fight but I AM DOING IT!! I will BEAT this thing to death and be the healthy, happy person I was before. Yes, I'm happy now. I absolutely LOVE my job. I hate that I'm not back full time yet but I will be soon. My family has been so great. My friends-I MISS YOU ALL!! I haven't seen anyone in ages it seems! My CJ's family-wow, I really miss you guys!! When you're working, you think you're sick of the place (haha) but believe me...when you're not there, you miss it!! And I miss you guys!! And my golfers =) Hope they're treating you well KC!! Hopefully, I'll be back soon! I thank EVERYONE for all your thoughts, prayers, donations, and fundraiser efforts. You have all been so awesome!!

Well, I'll post tomorrow and hopefully be feeling good. I don't want to miss the game Friday!! =)

1 comment:

amber said...

As always you are in my thoughts and prayers. I think of you all the time and I still admire your strength. Stay strong girlie...you're beating it!! I love you and miss you. Maybe I can come see ya when I'm home for turkey day!!! Take care!