Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Home to heaven

Hi all. This is Bri, Leigha's sister and best friend. I wanted all of you to know that this will be the last blog from her spot. Leigha passed away this yesterday morning about 4:15 in my mom's arms. All day Monday she was really tired and drained; didn't really eat much. But in good spirits as she always was. She knew she was being healed. What we didn't know is that she was being completely healed. Healed so well that she will no longer suffer or feel any pain. I know for a fact that she is looking down on us right now, probably saying, why are you all crying? I'm in my fathers house and am healed!! She's got her hair back and her health back and no longer has to be carried by our heavenly father. She now is standing beside him with our grandma. Although her shell is still here on Earth, her beautiful soul is in heaven.

Leigha was an amazing person and an awesome waitress for God. She left behind so many friends and family who loved her so very much. During her fight with the disease she called Canser, she became an inspiration to so many. Her faith in God was strengthened during the course of her fight. She was so strong and knew that she was going to be healed by God's grace.

To her "kids" and staff at Coldwater schools, thank you so much for taking Leigha in and making her one of your own. All the fundraisers you all did was amazing. It really showed her how much you all cared.

To the staff at Parkway and her old cheerleaders there, she loved you guys too. Being an alumni from there, you all held a special place in her heart.

To her CJ Highmarks family, you were just that...family. The golfers, the staff...you are all awesome. She had so many friends there that I probably don't even know you all.

Leigha's smile was contagious. As was her laugh. I can remember laughing just because she was laughing. She had that twinkle in her big brown eyes that was so beautiful. Not only was she beautiful on the outside, but even more so on the inside. And that happened during her fight. Even though the disease tore up her insides, it didn't take away fromou heart her inner beauty.

I just want to share a few of her favorite verses that one of her friends shared with me. They really helped me be able to feel a little better about her passing.

Psalms 27:13-14
"I am confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own
understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him
and he will make your paths
straight."

This one was her absolute favorite.
Phillipians 4:4-7
"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

This verse was shared with me by one of Leigha's friends in hopes to comfort me.
Lamentations 3:32-33
"Though he brings grief, he will show comopassion, so great is his unfailing love. For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men."

I know there is so much that I am missing. If I have anything else to share, I will definately post it. Again, thank you to everyone for your unfailing love and continued support and prayers. Even though she is no longer living here on Earth, she is living in our hearts where she'll be forever.

I love you my sister. I miss you and cannot wait until the day we meet again. Until then, I will be continuing your undying faith. I will kiss the boys everyday for you and I will keep your memory alive in them. Remember: Always my sister, Always my friend, Standing together, Straight till the end. Through thick and thin, hopes and fears, there for each other, all through the years. Standing together, Straight till the end, Always my sister, Forever my friend.

7 comments:

amber said...

Leigha, I love you. I miss you. I know you are flying on the wings of angels and walking with Jesus now. Do me a favor and tell my niece, Aubry, I love her and give her a kiss for me. I will always love you and miss you, you were the best friend anyone could have ever asked for. You were there for me when noone else was. I hope I was at least half the friend you were to me. I can't wait to see you smile again. I love you.

PoemLover said...

Leigha, I hope you are out of pain and in the hands of the father flying with angles. I will miss you very much even though we didn't know each other for very long. It was still fun when you where in the band room hanging out like we used to. If you could do me a good favor. Could you tell my grandpa that I love him and the rest of my family who are flying with you know. I really hope to see you smile and laugh with you again someday leigha.

All My Love
Crysal B

Jess said...

Beautiful post...praying for you and your family tonight. So sorry to hear about Leigha...but glad she's home in Heaven, too.

God bless.

Jessica, Travis, Ava, and Ethan Pond

Bri said...

Oh my sister. Even though I wrote this post, I need to leave you a comment. As I was sitting out back of your apartment yesterday, there were birds singing. And you know what? They were singing a song of praise b/c you made it home. And I know that you are up there, with your newfound wings, looking down on us, trying to tell us not to be sad. I'm not sad that you're in heaven, I'm sad that I never got to say goodbye. We've been through so much together, and now for the first time, I have to go through something without out. I have to go the rest of my life without you, and I don't know how I can handle that. Just know that I love you more than words can say and that I'm so happy for you right now. When you said you were going to kick cansers butt....you really meant it. And I want you to know also that I'm wearing your class ring, and I took a couple pairs of your pj pants to wear. Maybe that way I can feel close to you again. I love you, I love you, I love you. Please, please, please, wrap your arms around yourself and squeeze and know that that's me hugging you.

janet d said...

Bri I feel your pain. It is so hard to understand. You and your family or in my thoughts and prayers.

John said...

She was an angel here on earth, and now she is an angel in Heaven for all eternity. She doesn't need my prayers anymore, so I now say them that all that knew her and loved her find the strength in God's love to get thru this.

Joe said...

Though I never got to meet her, I think she was a remarkable human being. Just by the way you talk about her Bri. I can see the love you guys had for each other. I pray to God to give you strength and courage through this difficult and trying times times. continue to hold onto His hand, 'cause thing might look like there's no way out, he'll lead you to a brighter day.....believe me I know.